CLOSE CBOX
OPEN CBOX
Unmasqued

Excerpts from the blog "My name, is Mud"
First Circle

This nightclub is a real doozy. Great atmosphere, cool staff, and even my ugly mug wasn't outright sent packing. It was a busy Thursday night when I went and paid them a visit. The place was alreasdy packed, even if it was still rather early in the evening. Most of those visitors seemed to be either non-vampiric or vamps that were damn fine actors.  Rolleyes

As stated, the atmosphere was very nice. Classy. Nice music, too. Varied, just loud enough to be a bit overbearing, but hey, that's why you lot visit these places, right? So, in that case, it was perfectly set to dance to. Not that I'd know two flying shits about dancing, mind you. My lanky-ass limbs don't dance.  Exclamation

Drinks-wise, the place is really rather good. Better than decent quality, fair prices for an establishment of their caliber, and named suggestively enough that one doesn't need to feel awkward to order them if you really feel like you do not want your date to know that you're a nightly purveyor of the red nectar. Until you get your drink, obviously, unless you can mask the deliciously iron-y smell of .... But I digress.

The whole setting makes for an entertaining night's outing, if you like the trendy places. It could make you feel almost normal, I'd venture.

First Circle gains 7 points on the Mudslide Ten. It could have been an 8, easily, but as I said, Mud don't do dance too well, so since this is MY fuckin' scale, that's what gets counted. Deal with it.  Cool
The Salient

This club is a really posh place. Not really a hotspot where my mug would be appreciated, but I did mange to get in without getting a boot to the teeth. Which is nice, for a change, as I might have a fuckton of 'm but a kick in the teeth is still a kick in the teeth, people. Not cool!  Dodgy

As stated, the atmosphere was very posh. Soft-ish music, not really loud. This place is not really a dance club, more like a lounge club. Which is nice, if you like those, AND have someone to lounge with. Open plan bar, with some hidden nooks to find a small reprieve from wandering eyes if you are tired of being watched. A real see-and-be-seen place.

Drinks-wise, the place is really REALLY good. High quality, fair prices for an establishment of their caliber, though that still means WAY high, and named suggestively enough that one doesn't need to feel awkward to order them if you really feel like you do not want your date to know that you're a nightly purveyor of the red nectar. Until you get your drink, unless you can mask the deliciously iron-y smell of .... But I digress.  Big Grin

The whole setting makes for an amusingly odd night's out, if you like to lounge. It could make you feel almost normal, I'd venture. If normal people lounged, that is.

The Salient gains 6 points on the Mudslide Ten. It could have been an 8, easily, but The Mud doesn't lounge.

UPDATE JUNE 5th: Somehow the place burned to the ground. Cry Damn shame, there were three fatalities. Official reason is "Accidental", but y'all know how Mud sees official statement by the fuzz.... More on that, though, in the Conspiracy Corner if I find more to conspire over.
Colton's

This place is really cool. Easy to get into, too. IF you have the right outfit. Yeah, they have a dress code. You better show up in 1920's/1930's getup, otherwise there's no way you get in. Lucky for you guys, Mud did get in. Cool

Inside, it's a really nicely done old-looking Jazz club. Hell, it might actually have BEEN an old-time-y jazz club at one time. Building's old enough for it. Everyone there is dressed appropriately, staff and patrons alike.

Drinks-wise, the place is pretty average. Which by definition means it's not half bad. Drinks are clearly, if dully, labelled, appropriately prized, and served in a timely, pleasant manner. The barkeep looks like he could snap you in half, but that's half the fun. Come to think of it, he actually might have done that at some time.... Exclamation

Biggest draw of the place, though, is the music. Most of the time, there's a small jazz band jamming near the stage. Loud enough to be heard, but not so loud as to make you go deaf. They're pretty good, too. Mud knows his music, people, and these guys do, too. Main attraction, though, is miss Lilah Kane. Short little number, but a voice that could bring tears to a Gargoyle. Man, can that girl SING!. Heart

The whole setting makes for a really fun night out. IF you got the outfit, that is. But it's worth the rent if you want to check it out, and very much worth the prize of buying if you plan on going more than once.

Colton's gains 8 points on the Mudslide Ten. It could have been an 9, but The Mud was a little disappointed that miss Kane only did two shows that night. Cry
(06-30-2018, 07:46 PM)Mud Wrote:
The Salient

This club is a really posh place. Not really a hotspot where my mug would be appreciated, but I did mange to get in without getting a boot to the teeth. Which is nice, for a change, as I might have a fuckton of 'm but a kick in the teeth is still a kick in the teeth, people. Not cool!  Dodgy

As stated, the atmosphere was very posh. Soft-ish music, not really loud. This place is not really a dance club, more like a lounge club. Which is nice, if you like those, AND have someone to lounge with. Open plan bar, with some hidden nooks to find a small reprieve from wandering eyes if you are tired of being watched. A real see-and-be-seen place.

Drinks-wise, the place is really REALLY good. High quality, fair prices for an establishment of their caliber, though that still means WAY high, and named suggestively enough that one doesn't need to feel awkward to order them if you really feel like you do not want your date to know that you're a nightly purveyor of the red nectar. Until you get your drink, unless you can mask the deliciously iron-y smell of .... But I digress.  Big Grin

The whole setting makes for an amusingly odd night's out, if you like to lounge. It could make you feel almost normal, I'd venture. If normal people lounged, that is.

The Salient gains 6 points on the Mudslide Ten. It could have been an 8, easily, but The Mud doesn't lounge.

UPDATE JUNE 5th: Somehow the place burned to the ground. Cry Damn shame, there were three fatalities. Official reason is "Accidental", but y'all know how Mud sees official statement by the fuzz.... More on that, though, in the Conspiracy Corner if I find more to conspire over.

Hello! You seem to know a lot of what is happening in this city. Could I buy you a drink? It would be my pleasure to learn more about your "Conspiracy Corner". Sincerely, Svali.
Setting up at a comfy motel till he can find more accommodating digs, Kris reads away at several local blogs to get a feel for the area. As he comes across "My Name is Mud", he finds the material about The Salient interesting. He had heard something about a fire claiming vampires, but had not done his research yet. Mud's article only mentions fatalities, nothing about them being kindred.

Not every incident concerning the death of deaders was as wide spread as you'd like. Potentially to keep the new walk from getting out of hand and demanding better treatment.

It was obnoxious to be treated in such a way. Maybe this guy could shed more light on things.

Mud would find the following message in the e-mail attached to his blog.

"Heyo.

I'm new to Atlanta and just starting to settle in. I have my own little YouTube channel that I am building regarding my opinions on vampire life.  You might have heard of it. 'Rosedust'.  Def give it a follow.

I am very curious about the news update you gave about The Salient. I'd like more information if you have it. Any solid resources on troubles with vampires in Atlanta. Any mysteries or the sort. We can meet up if you prefer or just do a google hangout. I know folks like their privacy even when they desire social activity.  I'd be down for an information exchange if that's your cup of tea.

Lookin' to hear from you soon.

~Rosedust"
She hadn't checked it for a while. Normally, she was a sucker for reviews, both good and bad. She had to know what people thought about her clubs, even if it wasn't all ego-stroking. Lately, however, she couldn't stand reading anything else, any other dumb comment or conspiracy theory about the Accident. Even sympathetic ones. It was all too much.

That night, however, she gave it another try. She had to. She was done burying her head in the sand (something that ostriches did not actually do, by the way; not that it mattered, it wasn't like ostriches were her role models, duh). For a while, it had been a necessity, but now it was over.

So, Google.

She knew that blog, she had already read the review before its latest updates. And the update itself, well, that was quite expected. But the latest bit?

Hello. If you want to write anything about the Salient maybe you could like to have a talk with those directly involved.

She left an email contact, a real one she actually checked. Reading it again, her message had been awfully dry. Was she upset? People could talk about the Accident as much as they liked. Hopefully her words would have been more interesting than random theories, though. She was not upset. She hoped to get some message.
(07-07-2018, 03:00 PM)Svali Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 07:46 PM)Mud Wrote:
The Salient

Hello! You seem to know a lot of what is happening in this city. Could I buy you a drink? It would be my pleasure to learn more about your "Conspiracy Corner". Sincerely, Svali.

(07-08-2018, 11:14 AM)Monica Johnson Wrote: She hadn't checked it for a while. Normally, she was a sucker for reviews, both good and bad. She had to know what people thought about her clubs, even if it wasn't all ego-stroking. Lately, however, she couldn't stand reading anything else, any other dumb comment or conspiracy theory about the Accident. Even sympathetic ones. It was all too much.

That night, however, she gave it another try. She had to. She was done burying her head in the sand (something that ostriches did not actually do, by the way; not that it mattered, it wasn't like ostriches were her role models, duh). For a while, it had been a necessity, but now it was over.

So, Google.

She knew that blog, she had already read the review before its latest updates. And the update itself, well, that was quite expected. But the latest comment?

Hello. If you want to write anything about the Salient maybe you could like to have a talk with those directly involved.

She left an email contact, a real one she actually checked. Reading it again, her message had been awfully dry. Was she upset? People could talk about the Accident as much as they liked. Hopefully her words would have been more interesting than random theories, though. She was not upset. She hoped to get some message.

Reading over the comments, Mud came across this set, on his "Salient" entry. He tapped his chin, in the shadowy, monitor-lit space he was in. He'd set up his complete rig right underneath his old place of learning, Atlanta Tech. They had the best high-speed hub he knew of in the area, and him tapping into that would draw a LOT less attention, as the place was buzzing and drawing power at pretty much any hour of the day, but at nights there was only the servers updating that took any bandwidth to speak of, so he had a LOT of it to play with.

He saw these tow remarks, and still pondered. Then, taking to the keyboard with nails strong enough to scratch brick, he gently started typing.

Well, Svali, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't like a good drink. And though you seem to hold me to be smarter than I actually might be, I'd like to bring you up to speed on this wonderful city. Even if it's a bit scruffy 'round it's edges.

As for you, dear miss Johnson. I'd love to chat about these things, at your leisure. I didn't find it appropriate to pester you during all that happened. Please contact me if you want to set up a meeting.

And yes, peeps, that goes for others here, as well. But don't all claim the same night, please. I'm only one guy, and there's only so many hours in a night....

(07-08-2018, 12:46 AM)Kris Williams Wrote: Setting up at a comfy motel till he can find more accommodating digs, Kris reads away at several local blogs to get a feel for the area. As he comes across "My Name is Mud", he finds the material about The Salient interesting. He had heard something about a fire claiming vampires, but had not done his research yet. Mud's article only mentions fatalities, nothing about them being kindred.

Not every incident concerning the death of deaders was as wide spread as you'd like. Potentially to keep the new walk from getting out of hand and demanding better treatment.

It was obnoxious to be treated in such a way. Maybe this guy could shed more light on things.

Mud would find the following message in the e-mail attached to his blog.

"Heyo.

I'm new to Atlanta and just starting to settle in. I have my own little YouTube channel that I am building regarding my opinions on vampire life. You might have heard of it. 'Rosedust'. Def give it a follow.

I am very curious about the news update you gave about The Salient. I'd like more information if you have it. Any solid resources on troubles with vampires in Atlanta. Any mysteries or the sort. We can meet up if you prefer or just do a google hangout. I know folks like their privacy even when they desire social activity. I'd be down for an information exchange if that's your cup of tea.

Lookin' to hear from you soon.

~Rosedust"

Mud checked the email again and again. He was sure he knew that handle. And it had taken him a night or two to track it down. This was a vlogger. A 'competitor', although he usually catered to a different crowd. After some preliminary digging around, he found two more electronic identities linked to "Rosedust": "Caine's Veracity", and "Darkness of Jim".... Typical. It was the Rosedust one that seemed older, and it was also connected, however tenuously, to an even older account. One that did not exclusively post after dark, so that meant he had found his base source.

It took Mud about 3 days more to dig deep enough, trace some leads, and crack some basic security. But he had managed to get the guy's name, and email account information. And now, he was actually in there. Frantically typing, and with a smirk on his toothy visage, he was typing his reply in an email that would never be actually sent. Instead, he left it in this guy Kris' CONCEPTS folder for him to find the next time he would access his email. That SHOULD get the attention of 'Rosedust' real good.

Heya, Rosedust. Or Jim. Or whatever. We both know it's Kris, though. Right?

You said you'd like to hear from me soon. Is this soon enough? As to privacy, I threw that out when I plastered my ugly mug on my site along with my name. As on that fire, I might or might not have more info. If I had, though, it would NOT be official, and it would most certainly not be legal. If you can live with that, I'd be up for a face-to-face meet. You'd have little trouble recognizing me. Just print out that toothy grin at the top of the blog.

I'd set up in "First Circle", if anywhere bar-y. The owner might have more info for you that is best given firsthand. But I'll leave that up to you. Wouldn't want you to feel too startled. after all, you're a new guest to our wonderful city. If you want to set it up, just use the same comm channel as before. *bigtoothygrin Mud emoji inserted here*

Mud read it again. Then saved the 'concept', and logged out. This should get his attention, even if it was a little over-the-top showing-off on his end. But it just felt "right". almost natural, for some reason. Mud shrugged to himself, then proceeded to root around in the school's databases. One of his old, still breathing, enemies had secured himself a teaching position at Atlanta Tech, and Mud was compiling some dirt on the fucker.... He might have to 'shop some pics, though, the guy was too clean.
(07-10-2018, 08:02 AM)Mud Wrote: Well, Svali, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't like a good drink. And though you seem to hold me to be smarter than I actually might be, I'd like to bring you up to speed on this wonderful city. Even if it's a bit scruffy 'round it's edges.

As for you, dear miss Johnson. I'd love to chat about these things, at your leisure. I didn't find it appropriate to pester you during all that happened. Please contact me if you want to set up a meeting.

And yes, peeps, that goes for others here, as well. But don't all claim the same night, please. I'm only one guy, and there's only so many hours in a night....

Svali pondered a little, fingertip only milimeters away from smartphone's display. When you try to piece a jigsaw puzzle together, you should start with the frame. Well, meeting local hidden folk definitely counted as a frame. But for what picture? He tapped the touchscreen.

Excellent, mr Mud. I will leave choosing the time and location to you. I can see how busy a person you are, and since my matter is not a pressing one, let us meet at your convenience.

He hesitated awhile. Should he add the sign-off? Jökull expected him to act lordly and all - but Jökull was dead. The vampire pressed his thin lips together and tapped 'send.'
Emmeric